All information was valid as of 15:30 on 21st May 2020. Some of the information included will be based on the speaker’s opinion.
About this webinar
In partnership with Zena Everett.
It’s hard to stay focused with everything that’s going on at the moment, not least because we are turning into zoom zombies.
Being productive is not about putting in more hours, it’s about prioritising and executing on the tasks that have the greatest impact. Our brains are in survival mode, making prioritising and concentrating even harder than usual. If you want your team to stay engaged and motivated, you have to give them engaging and motivating work to do.
Good managers will use this time to help their teams adapt and grow, developing new habits and working styles when working remotely that will energise them long after the crisis has past.
- Prioritisation and daily focus: chasing antelopes not field-mice
- Beat Parkinson’s Law and Student Syndrome - intensive bursts of deep work, shorter deadlines, more regular check-ins, not check-ups
- Increasing collaboration and giving people the opportunity to solve problems and make a real impact
- Building trust by improving feedback
- Managing the work flow – improving communication, reducing bottlenecks, controlling distractions
If you are interested in receiving further business support throughout these unprecedented times, please visit the BGP Response Hub and register for our upcoming events.